You must configure the OSDP pivCLASS reader on the Mercury controller using Config Tool.
Before you begin
- Configure the Mercury controller.
- Ensure that the reader is properly wired to the Mercury controller.
- In Config Tool, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- From the entity tree, select the Synergis™ unit () and click Peripherals.
- If necessary, expand the controller to see the downstream MR panels and peripherals.
- Click the reader () you want to configure and click Edit ().
In the Edit Reader dialog box, configure the following:
- Type of reader
- Select OSDP 2.
- Baud rate
- Select 115200.
- Turn off Secured mode.
- Click Save, and ensure that the reader comes online.
You can enable the secure OSDP channel by pairing the reader to the controller. For more information, see Adding OSDP (Secure Channel) readers to a Mercury controller.