So that a Honeywell Galaxy intrusion panel can communicate with Security Center, the panel must be configured for remote access over Ethernet. This configuration can be done locally by using the panel's keypad or remotely by using the Honeywell Galaxy Remote Servicing Suite (RSS).
Make sure your control panels are functioning properly and have an Ethernet module installed.
Before you begin
You can use Galaxy RSS to program, service, and maintain your alarm system locally or remotely from a computer. If you don't have the Galaxy RSS, you can prepare the panel directly using its keypad.
What you should know
For details not covered in this procedure, you can download the related user manual from http://www.honeywellvideosystems.com/.
IMPORTANT: Content in this guide that references information found on third-party websites was accurate at the time of publication, however, this information is subject to change without prior notice from Genetec Inc.
- Log on to the Galaxy RSS software.
- From the navigation window, select System Users.
Secure your system by replacing the default remote user code:
By default, the remote user code is named REMOTE, its PIN is 543210, and its user level is 3.8. The new PIN must be a unique four, five, or six digit number.
- On the General tab, in the Remote section, change the PIN.
- Take note of the new remote user code PIN to use later when you configure the extension in Security Center.
- From the navigation window, select Ethernet.
On the General tab, in the Module
Config section, enter the following information:
- IP address for this panel.
- Gateway IP address
- Network mask
- (Optional) Site name
In the SIA Control section, enter the IP address of the
Center server that hosts the Honeywell Galaxy intrusion panel
NOTE: Security Center cannot communicate with the Honeywell Galaxy intrusion panel if this IP address is incorrect.
Click the Remote Access tab, and set the following:
- Times to Any Time
- Mode to Direct Access.
Click the Reporting tab, and set the following:
- Format to SIA
- Level to 4
- Receiver to Single
- Protocol to TCP
- Account to the PIN for the remote servicing user. The default PIN is 543210.
- Primary IP address of the Security Center server that hosts the Honeywell Galaxy intrusion panel extension.
- Primary port number to the TCP port used to communicate with the extension. The default is 10002.
- (Optional) Secondary port number to the same value as the primary port number.
- Take note of the Primary Port Number and the Account Number, which you will need later.
Click the Triggers tab, and do the following:
- In the Alarm Monitoring Trigger list, select all of the events listed.
- In the Alarm Reporting Trigger list, select all of the triggers listed