To monitor the data points of a BACnet device or entity, you must add them in Security Center.
Before you begin
- Obtain information about the data points that you want to monitor from the device provider.
- Make sure the data points that you want to monitor use a supported object type.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
Select a BACnet device or entity from the entity browser and click the
NOTE: The warning message Device unreachable persists after the BACnet device is reached in the data point browser, even after the browser is refreshed. To clear the message, close and re-open the data point browser.
- In the Data points section, click Browse device data points (), select a BACnet object from the Identifier list, and click Add.
- In the Data points section, click Add
data point (),
enter the following, and then click Add:
- The name of the data point.
- Object Type
- The BACnet object type that is related to the data point. For more information, see Object types used by the BACnet plugin.
- Object identifier
- The number used to identify the BACnet object.
- Access level
- Indicates whether the selected object type is read-only or read-write. This is automatically displayed by the plugin.
- The unit of measure of the data point. This field is optional.
- A symbol to represent the unit of measure of the data point. This field is optional.
- Click Apply.
The data point is displayed in the Data Points section.
Add actions to the device.