To monitor the data points of an MQTT device or entity, you must add them to the device or entity in Security Center.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select an MQTT device or entity from the entity browser and click the Properties tab.
- In the Data points section, click Add data point ().
- In the Information section, enter a name for the data point.
In the Protocol information section, enter the
- MQTT topic
- The topic that the MQTT broker will subscribe to for the JSON payload. This payload will be parsed to extract the value of the data point.
- JSON path
- The JSON path that will be used to extract the value from the JSON
payload in regards to the data point.NOTE: If the data point value does not appear within a JSON payload sent to the plugin with the correct topic, the data point value will not be updated.
- Value type
- The type of information reported by the input (data point).
In the Measurement unit section, enter the
- The name of the unit of measure of the data point.
- A symbol to represent the unit of measure of the data point.
- Click Add and then click Apply.
The data point is displayed in the Data points section.