To monitor the data points of a device or entity, you must add them to the device in Security Center.
Before you begin
- Obtain information about the data points that you want to monitor from the device provider.
- Make sure the data points that you want to monitor use a supported object type.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select a Modbus device or entity from the entity browser and click the Properties tab.
In the Data points section, click Add data
point () and enter the following:
- The name of the data point.
- Modbus Object Type
- The object type of the data point. This can be a coil, discrete input, holding register, or input register.
- The address of the data point on the device. You can enter the address in decimal format and then click Hex to convert it to hexadecimal.
- The type of information reported by the input (data point). The
types of data and the possible values that can be reported are:
- True or False
- -32,768 to 32,767
- 0 to 65,535
- 0 to 255
- The unit of measure of the data point. This field is optional.
- Unit symbol
- A symbol to represent the unit of measure of the data point. This field is optional.
- Click Add and then click Apply.
The data point is displayed in the Data points section.
Add actions to the device.