To monitor the data points of a device or entity in a Security Desk dashboard, you must create individual widgets for each data point.
Add data points to your devices and entities.
Before you begin
To use this feature, you must have Security Center 5.8.1 or later.
What you should know
- From the Security Desk home page, open the Dashboards task.
- In the Industrial IoT widgets section, click and drag the Data point value button onto the dashboard.
In the Data point value section,
- From the Plugin list, select the plugin role that the device or entity belongs to.
- If you are adding a data point from a device, select the device from the Device list.
- If you are adding a data point from an entity, select the entity from the Entity list.
- From the Data point list, select the data point that you want to monitor.
- To show the unit symbol related to the displayed value, move the Show unit slider to ON.
the General section,
NOTE: The data shown in the widget is always the live value. Because of this, the Auto refresh slider that is displayed in the General section is not supported by BACnet, Modbus, OPC Client, or SNMP Manager.
- To enter a title for the widget, move the Show title slider to ON, and enter a title in the Title field.
- From the Background list, select a color for the background of the widget.
- Click Done.