Users can create events for TCP devices that do not hold a value, but are triggered every time their trigger condition is met.
Rules can be configured to trigger Security Center events or alarms.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select an HTTP device or entity from the entity browser and click the Properties tab.
- In the Events section, click Add event ().
- In the Information section, enter a name for the event.
In the Protocol information section, enter the
- Regular expression
- The regular expression of the event. NOTE: TCP devices that are bound to plain text in a TCP server must define a regular expression for every data point they hold. The data point value is the first capture group of the data point regular expression. This means that if the regular expression does not have parenthesis in it, then the data point will never have a value.
Add an argument:
- In the Arguments section, Click Add argument.
- In the Information section, enter a name for the argument.
- In the Protocol information section, enter the regular expression of the argument and select a value type.
- Click Add.
- Click Apply.
The argument is displayed in the Arguments section.