Configure Industrial IoT device data points as inputs and link them to Security Center units.
Before you begin
When a data point of a device has a linked input, it can inherit certain Security Center native features such as being placed on a map, event-to-action for simple interactions and with Genetec Mission Control™ for complex interations.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Expand the plugin role related to the device from the entity browser, select the device and open the Unit integration tab.
Click Add an input () and enter the following information:
- Data point
- Select the data point you want to configure as an input.
- In the States section, configure the following:
- Normal state
- Define the input behavior for the normal state using a compare operator against a corresponding value.
- Active state
- Define the input behavior in active state. It is configured using a compare operator against a corresponding value.
- Trouble state
- Define the input behavior in trouble state. It is
configured using a compare operator against a
corresponding value.NOTE: Trouble state is disabled by default. To enable it, select the Trouble state check box.
- Fallback state
- Define the input behavior if all of the state conditions configured
previously are false. There are four options for fallback state
configuration. They are:
- Keep the current input state
- This option does not change the current state of the
input.NOTE: This is the default fallback state behavior when none of the state condition is evaluated as true.
- Change the input state to normal
- This option changes the input state to normal.
- Change the input state to active
- This option changes the input state to active.
- Change the input state to trouble
- This option changes the input state to trouble.
Click Add and then click
IMPORTANT: When two defined conditions are true, the system prioritizes the input state in the following order: