To monitor MQTT client devices in Security Center, you must add the MQTT broker to the plugin and enter the information required to connect to the broker.
Before you begin
You must connect the plugin to an existing MQTT broker.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- From the entity browser, select the Industrial IoT plugin role, and then click the Protocols tab.
- From the list of protocols, select MQTT Client and click Add MQTT broker ().
- In the Name field, enter a name for the broker.
In the Connection info section, enter the following:
- The host address of the broker. This is either an IP address or a valid host name.
- The port on which the MQTT broker listens to for incoming connections.
In the Security section, do the following:
- From the Encryption list, select the level of
security that you want to use to send and receive information between
the MQTT Client plugin and the MQTT
The options include: None, TLS
1.2, and TLS
1.3.NOTE: The encryption type you select must be supported by the MQTT broker.
- To bypass certificate validation when connecting to the MQTT broker, move the Bypass certificate validation slider to ON.
- To enable authentication when connecting to the MQTT broker, move the Authentication slider to ON, and enter a username and password.
- From the Encryption list, select the level of security that you want to use to send and receive information between the MQTT Client plugin and the MQTT broker. The options include: None, TLS 1.2, and TLS 1.3.
(Optional) In the Advanced settings section, do the
- To enable older versions of TLS, such as TLS 1.0 and 1.1, move the
Enable older TLS versions slider to
ON.NOTE: Enabling this option makes older versions of TLS available in the Encryption list in the Security section.
- If a client ID is required to connect to the MQTT broker, enter it in the Client ID field.
- In the Reconnection delay field, enter the time interval that the MQTT client plugin will wait before attempting to reconnect to the broker when the connection is lost.
- To enable older versions of TLS, such as TLS 1.0 and 1.1, move the Enable older TLS versions slider to ON.
- Click Apply.
The broker is added to the list of MQTT brokers.
Create the device types for MQTT devices.