To monitor TCP client devices in Security Center, you must add a TCP server to the plugin that the devices can connect to.
Before you begin
- Create the plugin role.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- From the entity browser, select the Industrial IoT plugin role, and then click the Protocols tab.
- From the list of protocols, select TCP Server, and then click Add TCP connector ().
In the Transport section, enter the following:
- The name that you want to apply to the device.
- The TCP port associated to the TCP server. This port is opened on the computer that hosts the Directory.
- End of message delimiter
- The characters used to segment the stream of data into multiple messages.
In the Data Format section, enter the following:
- The type of parsing that should be done on the segmented message. The only supported format is plain text.
- The encoding used to convert the TCP stream bytes into a string. Supported values are UTF-8 and ASCII.
- Create device automatically
- Check this box to have the server automatically created as a device on the Devices page. If the box is left unchecked, you must enter the Device ID regular expression for the server.
- Click Apply.
The server is added to the list of TCP Servers.
Create the device types for TCP devices.