To monitor devices in Security Center through HTTP requests, you must add connectors to the HTTP Server protocol to receive data from devices via HTTP posts.
Before you begin
- Create the plugin role.
- Make sure port 56789 on the directory computer is open.
What you should know
- The HTTP server is hosted by the plugin, and installed when the HTTP Server protocol is selected during the installation process.
- HTTP requests are made with the API key, the device identifier and data point values via JSON data.
- Values that were sent through HTTP requests can be used to raise events, trigger alarms, and so on.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- From the entity browser, select the Industrial IoT plugin role, and then click the Protocols tab.
- From the list of protocols, select HTTP Server and click Add HTTP connector ().
In the Add HTTP connector dialog box, do the following:
In the HTTP Connector section, you can edit the name of the HTTP connector. The only supported device identification mode is URL.
- Enter a name for the connector.
- Copy the API key by clicking Copy to
clipboard.NOTE: The API key is required to modify the device connection URL when adding an HTTP device. You cannot access the API key after you close the dialog box.
- Click Add.
The connector is added to the list of HTTP Connectors.
Create the device types for HTTP devices.