To have a device or entity perform an action based on a state change of a data point, you must create a rule action in Security Center.
Before you begin
- Enroll your devices and entities.
- Add data points to your devices and entities.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- From the entity browser, select a plugin role for which you want to create a rule, and click the Rules tab.
- In the Rules section, click Add rule ().
In the Information section, enter the following:
- Type a name for the rule.
- Type a description for the rule.
- In the Conditions section, select On data change from the Conditions list.
- From the Select source type list, select whether the rule applies to a device, entity, device type, or entity type.
- From the Select source list, select the device, entity, device type, or entity type that the rule applies to.
- From the Select property list, select the data point that the rule applies to.
- From the Select operator list, select what the property Value must be in relation to the Value option (equal to, not equal to, lesser than, greater than, and so on) to trigger the action.
- In the Enter a value field, enter the property value that will trigger the action.
In the Actions section, select the action that you want to
occur when the condition is met.
The action can be one of the following:
- Raise an event
- If you select Raise an event, you must select the event to be raised from the Select an event list.
- Trigger an alarm
- If you select Trigger an alarm, you must select the alarm that you want to trigger from the Select an alarm list.
- Write on datapoint
- If you select Write on datapoint, you must select a source type, source, and property.
- Change state
- If you select Change state, you must select the alarm that you want to trigger from the Select a state list.
- (Optional) To add more actions to the rule, click Add action ().
- Click Apply.
The rule is created with the slider in the ON position. To disable the rule, move the slider to OFF.
If you have a temperature controller device configured in a room, you can create a rule where a Warning raised event is raised if the temperature goes above 22.