To have a device or entity perform an action when an event on a data point occurs, you must create a rule action in Security Center.
Before you begin
This applies only to SNMP and TCP devices.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- From the entity browser, select the plugin role for which you want to create a rule, and click the Rules tab.
- In the Rules section, click Add rule ().
In the Information section, enter
- Type a name for the rule.
- Type a description for the rule.
- In the Conditions section, select On event from the Conditions list.
- From the Select source type list, select whether the rule applies to a device, entity, device type, or entity type.
- From the Select source list, select the device, entity, device type, or entity type that the rule applies to.
- From the Select an event list, select the event that the rule applies to.
(Optional) To add an argument to the rule, click Add
- Select an operator from the Select an argument list.
- Select an operator from the Select operator list.
- Enter a value in the Enter a value list.
In the Actions section, select the action that you want to
occur when the condition is met.
The action can be one of the following:
- Raise an event
- If you select Raise an event, you must select the event to be raised from the Select an event list.
- Trigger an alarm
- If you select Trigger an alarm, you must select the alarm that you want to trigger from the Select an alarm list.
- Change state
- If you select Change state, you must select the alarm that you want to trigger from the Select a state list.
- (Optional) To add more actions to the rule, click Add action ().
- Click Apply.
The rule is created with the slider in the ON position. To disable the rule, move the slider to OFF.
If you have a door sensor entity that throws SNMP traps to indicate when a door is open, you can configure a rule that triggers a warning and changes the state of the door on a map when the door is open.