To communicate with a device using HTTP, you must add the device to Security Center.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Industrial IoT plugin role from the entity browser and click the Devices tab.
Click Add device () and enter the following information:
- The name that you want to apply to the device.
- The device template that you want to apply to the device. These templates are created on the Device types page of the plugin, and can be used to apply custom states, data points, and actions to a device.
- The protocol used by the device you are adding.
- HTTP connector
- The connector that will be used to enable communication between the HTTP server and the device.
- Device ID
- The ID specified on the device. If there is no ID on the device, you can enter one or generate one by clicking Generate Random ID.
- Device connection URL
- The URL to which HTTP requests must be made in order to send data
point values of this device.NOTE: The connector API key must be replaced in the given URL, where
CONNECTOR_API_KEYis placed. The key is obtained when creating an HTTP connector.
The request uses
localhostas the host, but the integrator might have to change it to point to the computer on which the plugin is installed.
The request must be made using HTTP POST, and have content type set to JSON.
- Click Add and then click Apply.