To communicate with a device using MQTT, you must add the device to Security Center.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Industrial IoT plugin role from the entity browser and click the Devices tab.
Click Add device () and enter the following information:
- The name that you want to apply to the device.
- The device template that you want to apply to the device. These templates are created on the Device types page of the plugin, and are used to apply custom states and data points to a device.
- The protocol used by the device you are adding.
- MQTT broker
- The MQTT broker created on the Protocols page of the plugin role.
- Click Add and then click Apply.
The device is displayed in the entity browser, nested under the Industrial IoT plugin role.