To communicate with an SNMP device, it must be added to Security Center.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the SNMP Manager plugin role from the entity browser and click the Devices tab.
Click Add device () and enter the following information:
- Device name
- The name that you want to apply to the device.
- Device type
- The device template that you want to apply to the device. These
templates are created on the Device types page
of the plugin, and are used to apply custom states, data points, and
actions to a device.NOTE: If a device type does not exist, you must manually add the custom states, data points, and actions to the device.
- The IP address of the device.
- UDP Port
- The outgoing port used to poll the device.
- The SNMP version used by the device.
- If the device uses SNMPv2c, you must enter the read-only string for the community to which this device belongs. This string is an alphanumeric name that is used for authentication.
- User name
- If the device uses SNMPv3, you must enter the user name assigned to the SNMP user.
- Authentication protocol
- If the device uses SNMPv3, you must select the type of authentication used for authorization. If you are using MD5 or SHA1, you must enter your authentication password and the privacy protocol that you are using.
In the Advanced settings, enter the following:
- UDP port range
- The range of outgoing ports used to poll SNMP devices. A wider range of ports allows Security Center to poll a greater number of devices at the same time.
- Polling interval
- The period at which Security Center polls the SNMP device. The default value is 60 seconds.
- Click Apply.
The device is displayed in the entity browser, nested under the SNMP Manager plugin role.
Add data points to your devices.