To have the icon of a device or entity change when a state change occurs, you must add a custom state in Security Center.
What you should know
- You can create rules to trigger a state change on a device or entity.
- State changes are only displayed on maps. They do not appear in the entity browser or Area view.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select a device or entity from the entity browser and click the Properties tab.
- In the Custom states section, click Add state ().
- Select an icon from the States library and click OK.
create a custom state, do the following:
- In the Add states dialog box, click Add state ().
- Enter a name and description for the state.
In the Select icon dialog box, select an icon and
NOTE: To apply a custom icon, click the Browse button in the Select icon dialog box, and select an icon from your local system.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
If you have a temperature sensor in a room, you can add an alternate icon to indicate that a room is too hot. When the data point on the sensor indicates that the room is too hot, the icon related to the sensor will change in Config Tool, in Security Desk, and on maps.
Add actions to your devices and entities.