You can investigate events triggered by devices and entities using the event reports and health reports for each protocol in Security Desk.
After a report is generated, when you drag an event to a tile, it will display the current values of the data points on the device. If a camera is linked to the device, video of the event will be displayed in a separate tile.
What you should know
- From the Security Desk home page, open the event report or the health report of a protocol.
Set up the query filters for your report.
one or more of the following filters:
- Select the device to investigate.
- Select the Security Center custom events to investigate.
- Time range
- Choose a time range for the report. You can specify a start and end date, or a period, such as the last day or the last week.
Click Generate report.
The events are listed in the report pane, with the following report pane columns available:
- Date and time that the event occurred.
- Event name.
- The device that triggered the event.
- Message related to the event. This report column does not apply to events that were triggered based on rules you created for the plugin.