You can configure Federation™ host so that operators can monitor live events and generate reports for Industrial IoT entities.
Before you begin
- Understand Federation™.
- Deploy the plugin and integrate the Industrial IoT protocols with Security Center on each remote site.
- Read the release notes to learn about known issues and limitations that affect the use of Federation™ for this plugin.
What you should know
- It is not possible to control the Industrial IoT entities from the Federation™ host.
- Open Config Tool on the server that host Federation™.
- Add the Industrial IoT base license.
- Install the Industrial IoT plugin.
Creating the Industrial IoT plugin role.
Leave the role disconnected. Creating the plugin role adds the Industrial IoT entities to the host.
Set up a
- Create a Federation™ role for each remote site that hosts theIndustrial IoT plugin role.
Deactivate and then re-activate the Federation™
The Industrial IoT entities are displayed in the entity browser of the Federation™ host.
- Expand the Federation™ host role and confirm that the entities are listed in the entity browser.
- If the entities are missing, restart the Main server for the Federation™ host.
- (Optional) Delete the Industrial IoT plugin role that you created in step 4.
- In the Monitoring task, add the entities to the event monitoring list.