You must configure the plugin role configuration to match your needs, whether you are exposing Security Center events and objects through the BACnet protocol or forwarding SNMP traps.
The first time the plugin role is activated, it creates the Read-only data points, Events and Protocols pages in your system.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the plugin role from the entity browser, and then click the Protocols tab.
If you are using the BACnet protocol, click the BACnet tab and
configure the following properties:
- Device name
- The name you want Security Center to be listed as in the BACnet client. The default is Genetec Security Center.
- Device instance number
- The instance number for Security Center. This number must be unique throughout the sub network.
If you are using SNMP, click the SNMP tab and configure the
- The SNMP version you want to use.
- V2 is an unsecured version. It enables the Community field, which is where you add the community name you want to use. This field cannot be left blank. The default value is Public.
- V3 is a secured version. It enables the
Username field, as well as options and password fields for
the Authentication and Privacy protocols.
- The available authentication protocols are None, MD5, or SHA1.
- The available privacy protocols are None, DES, or AES.
- Manager IP
- The address of the SNMP manager that receives the traps. The default is 127.0.0.1.
- Manager port
- The SNMP manager UDP port that receives the traps. The default is 162.
- Click Apply.