You can automate the process of installing the Industrial Protocol Interface plugin by installing it in silent mode.
Ensure the following:
Before you begin
What you should know
- A silent installation is an automated way of installing software without using an installer. The silent installation is run from the command prompt using the setup.exe executable, and Windows Installer commands.
- A silent install will install the plugin using its default settings.
- Although it is possible to host the plugin role on any server, it is a best practice to host that role on a dedicated expansion server for best system performance.
- For your operators to have access to the features added by this plugin, you must install this plugin on all Security Center client workstations.
- Open the GTAP Product Download page.
- From the Download Finder list, select your version of Security Center.
- Search for your package by name and download it.
Click the downloaded .exe file to unzip it.
By default, the file is unzipped to C:\Genetec.
- In Windows, right-click the Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
In the Command Prompt, enter the following command line:
"Genetec Industrial Protocol Interface Setup.exe" /silentNOTE: To record logs of installation, enter the command line as follows:
.\Genetec Industrial Protocol Interface Setup.exe' /silent /debuglog"C:\IPI_installationDebug.txt"When the installation is complete, Security Center will restart.
The plugin is ready for use.