Before you can monitor KiwiVision™ in Security Desk, you must configure your camera for KiwiVision™.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have enough licenses available for the intrusion detectors that you want to add.
- Ensure that the video units that you want to set up for KiwiVision™ are available in Config Tool and are ready to be configured.
What you should know
- You can use an existing XML configuration file to help set up KiwiVision™ for a video unit. For more information, see Configuring a camera for KiwiVision™ using XML.
- You can record or use an existing sample intrusion video file to help you configure your intrusion detector. For example, you can export a short video clip (.g64 file format) from your system that is relevant to the scene that you want to analyze, so that you can test your initial plugin installation and setup.
- You can use the video timeline controls while configuring your camera for KiwiVision™. This includes controls such as looping playback video (), switching to a specific time (), switching to live video (), opening a video file (), and so on.
For more information about perspective, areas, and paths settings in the Intrusion detector tab, see the KiwiVision Intrusion Detector Manual.
- From the Home page in Config Tool, click Tasks and open the Video task.
- Select a camera in the left navigation pane.
- Click KiwiVision analytics.
- Click Add () to add an Intrusion detector ().
- Click Apply to ensure that all your changes are applied to the intrusion detector.
Your camera intrusion detector is now configured for KiwiVision™.