In the general settings of the scenario, you can configure how areas are displayed in the Security Desk Monitoring task, change the units of measurement, and so on.
Depending on which scenario type you are configuring, some settings might be unavailable or hidden if Advanced mode is disabled.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- From the area view, select a camera that you applied an analytics scenario to.
- Click , and then click the scenario you want to configure.
- Click the General tab.
In the General section, select the unit of measurement in
the Units field:
- Specifies the Imperial unit type. For example, 3 ft.
- Specifies the metric unit type. For example, 1 m.
When switching between imperial and metric units, the conversion is rounded to two decimal places. For example, 0.2 m is shown as 0.66 ft.NOTE: The region that is set on the machine is read to determine the default setting. The Units setting is saved on the machine and applies to all video analytics on this machine.
In the Analysis section, enter or select the following as
- Alert cooldown
- The period that must elapse after an alert is triggered, before another alert can be triggered from the same scenario.
- Enable or disable the following filters:
- Rain filter
- Small, fast moving objects, such as rain or snow are ignored when analyzing the image.
- Haze filter
- Estimates the haze density in the image based on the image brightness. The image changes to remove the haze.
(Optional) In the Overlays in Security Desk section,
enable or disable the following overlays:
- Displays a yellow box around detected people or objects.
- Temporarily displays an orange outline of an area when an alert is triggered from that area, and displays the detection that triggered the alert in a red rectangular outline.
- Permanently displays the outlines of areas.
- Area names
- Displays area names.
- (Perimeter protection and Custom Intrusion Detector scenarios only) Source regions of areas are outlined in green, and alarm regions are outlined in red.
- Click Apply.