The Occupancy widget displays the number of people currently in an area or region.
Before you begin
- Create a dashboard in Security Desk.
- Add an Occupancy widget for People counting or Crowd estimation to the dashboard.
What you should know
- For information about general dashboard configuration, see Creating a dashboard.
- Occupancy dashboard widgets apply to People counting and Crowd estimation scenarios.
- If the occupancy of the People counter widget resets while people are still in the area, the occupancy number can go negative.
- From a Security Desk dashboard, click Edit dashboard.
Select a widget to configure.
The widget-specific options are displayed.
- In the widget-specific options, click Add cameras ().
In the dialog box that opens, select one or more cameras that have a People
counting or Crowd estimation scenario, and click
For Crowd estimation widgets, you can deselect individual regions to exclude them.
(Optional) For People counting widgets, select the
Invert check box next to selected cameras to flip the
In and Out directions reported
for that camera.
This option is useful if a camera is placed above a door that separates two rooms. In this situation, the In and Out directions depend on the starting point.
- Configure the widget options as required.
(Optional) Click Add conditional formatting rule, to
apply a specific color to the widget when the count matches the conditions of
You can configure the widget to turn red when the number of detected occupants exceeds the maximum capacity of a room.
- Click Done.