You must define the line that must be crossed so that people can be detected entering and exiting an area.
What you should know
- You can visualize the people counting statistics in Security Desk dashboard widgets.
- When creating event-to-actions for cameras that trigger the People counting event, you can specify In or Out as conditions if you want to trigger actions based on direction.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- From the area view, select a camera that you applied an analytics scenario to.
- Click , and then click the scenario you want to configure.
Click the Line tab.
Define the line as required:
- Click and drag the white dots to adjust the length and position of the line.
(Optional) Add or remove points:
- To add a point, click on the line.
- To remove a point, select it and click Remove
selection ().NOTE: When a point is selected, it is yellow.
In the Detection section, configure the following
- Each scenario describes a different camera setup and context for analysis. Select the
option that best describes your situation:
- The camera is at an angle, and the full view of people can be seen.
- Tilted (crowded)
- The camera is at an angle, there are many people in the scene, and they obstruct the full view of each other so that only their heads are seen fully.
- Top down (fast)
- The camera is facing directly down at the ground. The speed of the algorithm is prioritized and less CPU is used, but detections might be less accurate.
- Top down (accurate)
- The camera is facing directly down at the ground. The accuracy of the algorithm is prioritized, but more CPU is used.
- The accuracy threshold of the algorithm required for a person to be considered a detection in a video frame. Detections are displayed as colored circles; each color indicates a different detected person.
- In the Direction section, select the direction that triggers a people counting event.
- Click Apply.