You must define the line that needs to be crossed to detect people tailgating.
Movement crossing the line in the direction opposite to the configured direction is not considered a detection.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- From the area view, select a camera that you applied an analytics scenario to.
- Click , and then click the scenario you want to configure.
Click the Line tab.
Define the line as required:
- Click and drag the white dots to adjust the length and position of the line.
(Optional) Add or remove points:
- To add a point, click on the line.
- To remove a point, select it and click Remove
selection ().NOTE: When a point is selected, it is yellow.
In the Detection section, configure the following
- Each scenario describes a different camera setup and context for analysis. Select the
option that best describes your situation:
- The camera is at an angle, and the full view of people can be seen.
- Tilted (crowded)
- The camera is at an angle, there are many people in the scene, and they obstruct the full view of each other so that only their heads are seen fully.
- Top down (fast)
- The camera is facing directly down at the ground. The speed of the algorithm is prioritized and less CPU is used, but detections might be less accurate.
- Top down (accurate)
- The camera is facing directly down at the ground. The accuracy of the algorithm is prioritized, but more CPU is used.
- The accuracy threshold of the algorithm required for a person to be considered a detection in a video frame. Detections are displayed as colored circles; each color indicates a different detected person.
section, specify the
After the line is crossed in the correct direction, a Tailgating event is triggered when the line is crossed a second time within the defined time frame.If the Tailgating interval is set to 10 seconds, the 10-second countdown starts once someone crosses the line. If a second person crosses the line five seconds later, an event is triggered. The second person crossing the line starts a new 10-second countdown.
- Click Apply.