To save system resources, you can temporarily disable analytics scenarios when they are not needed.
Create the required scenarios.
Before you begin
When enabled, KiwiVision™ video analytics scenarios are processed continuously, which might consume system resources when this information is not required. For example: running an object detection scenario after a train has left the station, or a people counting scenario outside store hours.
What you should know
To help control resource consumption, scenarios can be enabled and disabled automatically using an event-to-action, or can be switched on and off manually from the scenario configuration and the Manual load balancing page.
IMPORTANT: If an analytics scenario has been manually disabled , it cannot be enabled using an event-to-action. You must enable the scenario manually when it is ready to be used.
To enable or disable a scenario using an event-to-action:
- Following the instructions in Creating event-to-actions, create an event-to-action to enable or disable a video analytics scenario.
- For enabling scenarios, select Start video analytics scenario from the Action list, and set the camera and scenario to enable.
- For disabling scenarios, select Stop video analytics scenario from the Action list, and set the camera and scenario to disable.
The Save button is only available when all the arguments required by the event-to-action type are specified.
To enable or disable a scenario in the scenario configuration:
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- From the area view, select a camera that you applied an analytics scenario to.
- Select Security monitoring or People counting as required.
- Select the tab of the required scenario.
- For enabling scenarios, switch Enabled to ON.
- For disabling scenarios, switch Enabled to OFF.
- Click Apply.