To encrypt a confidential (private) video stream so that the confidential video can only be viewed by the Security Desk operator who owns the smart card, you must install the smart card public key on the Archiver server.
Before you begin
- Familiarise yourself with privacy protection encryption.
- Familiarise yourself with your smart card manufacturer's documentation.
What you should know
- On the Security Desk client workstation, insert your smart card into the card reader.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
Do one of the following:
- To enable encryption on the Archiver, select the Archiver role to configure, and click the Camera default settings tab.
- To enable encryption on a camera, select the camera to configure, click the Recording tab.
- Click Show advanced settings, and select In transit and at rest as the Encryption option.
Install the smart card public certificate on the Archiver.
- In the Certificates section, click and select the smart card public certificate that you previously exported.
- Click OK to accept the certificate.
- Click Apply.