If KiwiVision™ Privacy Protector™ is not functional after a hardware restart, you can troubleshoot the issue.
Privacy Protector™ is programmed to start automatically during system boot. After a scheduled or unexpected system restart, immediately check that Privacy Protector™ has restarted and is functioning as intended.
If privacy protection has not resumed successfully, verify the following before contacting Genetec™ Technical Assistance Center (GTAC):
- Is the camera network connection active?
- Does the camera provide an image?
- Has the IP address of the camera or other network settings, such as firewall rules changed?
- Is the Security Center Privacy Protector™ module running?
- If the computer crashed, does the event viewer provide information about the cause?
- Is the storage used by Privacy Protector™ full?