How and where you set up your cameras affects video analytics performance. An optimal camera setup can minimize false alerts.
Keep in mind the following best practices while setting up your cameras for intrusion detection analytics:
- Ensure that the camera is securely fixed to eliminate shaking.
- Ensure that no objects are constantly moving in the area of interest, such as trees, bushes, flags, and so on.
- Mount IR illuminators at least 0.5 m from the camera instead of directly below the camera to avoid attracting insects, which can generate false movement detection.
- Mount the camera at a height of 5 m at an angle of 40°.
- Place the camera so that the people move across the field of view, instead of towards or away from the camera.