You can use privacy protection advanced settings to achieve greater control of your configuration.
In the Privacy protection page of the camera, click
Show advanced settings.
The advanced settings are displayed.
Configure the advanced settings as required:
- Block highlight
- (Pixelation method only) The intensity of the color highlight. The masking blocks flash red and green. Values range from 0 - 255 and the default is 5.
- Number of illumination states
- (Indoor preset only) The illumination state model to use. A higher number of
illumination states helps the Privacy Protector™ deal with fast-changing lighting
conditions. This only works when fast, global changes in lighting occur and additional
intermediate states should be added. For example, if there are two lighting states
(lights on and lights off), three states should be specified: on, off,
and intermediate. Values range from 1 - 10. The default value is 1, which disables the
global illumination check and the default illumination state model is used.Best Practice: Use the default setting when you expect small or gradual lighting changes that the model can adapt to during the continuous learning period.
- Illumination change tolerance
- (Indoor preset only) Specifies how big the changes in the video image must be (in percent) to switch the background model. Smaller values result in quick changes, while higher values result in slow changes. Values range from 1 - 100% and the default is 80%.
- Startup learning period
- The time spent analyzing the video to learn the background. Values range from 1 - 1000 seconds and the default is 60 seconds.
- Continuous learning period
- The time that elapses before analyzing the video again to identify and mask any moving
persons or objects. Values range from 1 - 1000 seconds and the default is 200
seconds.Best Practice: Specify a learning period 50% longer than the time that people are expected to stand still. This ensures that people who do not move for a while are not visible.
- Show zone boundaries
- When enabled, a blue bounding box, outlining the exclusion zones, is displayed when the associated camera is monitored in Security Desk.
In the Preview configuration section, enable or disable
Fast preview as required.
Turning this feature on (default) shortens the learning periods to one second instead of the values specified in the advanced settings. Use fast preview to experiment with different parameters without waiting for the background model to update each time. Fast preview only affects the preview window on the right side of the Privacy protection page. It does not impact the server nor the actual video stream.NOTE: When using fast preview, the background model is less accurate. People who stay motionless for several seconds might not be anonymized. This is not what the actual users see. To test how the system behaves in the real environment, turn Fast preview off.
- Click Apply.
Configure privacy protection output stream settings if required.