To control resource usage of privacy protection, you can customize the output stream settings.
Changing output stream settings affects storage consumption and network bandwidth.
What you should know
In the Privacy protection page of the camera, click
Show output stream settings.
The output stream settings are displayed.
Configure the output stream settings as required:
- The codec that is used to encode the privacy-protected stream.
- Maximum resolution
- Sets the maximum resolution of the encoded stream.
- Key frame interval
- Sets the key frame interval, in seconds, between two key frames. Values range from 1 - 20 seconds.
- Frame rate
- Limits the maximum number of frames per second (fps). You can specify the frame rate in the range of 1 - 30 fps.
- Bit rate
- Set the target image quality or maximum bitrate depending on the setting selected in the Priority field. If the resolution or frame rate in the original stream is lower, then that lower value is used.
- Select one of the following:
- Image quality
- Maintains the image quality at the expense of the bitrate.
- Constant bit rate
- Maintains the bitrate at the expense of image quality.
- Click Apply.