Using the Monitoring task, you can monitor KiwiVision™ video analytics intrusion detector events in real time in Security Desk.
What you should know
When monitoring events, you are monitoring the entities that trigger those events. The entities are selected in the Monitoring task.
- You can customize how the Monitoring task displays information to suit the purpose of the task. For example, if you are monitoring cameras, you can choose to only display the canvas tiles so that the camera images are bigger.
- You can create multiple Monitoring tasks to monitor different sets of entities. For example, cameras or cameras with KiwiVision™ video analytics activated.
- Selecting KiwiVision™events to monitor.
Selecting KiwiVision™entities to monitor.
After the entities are selected, events that occur in your system are displayed chronologically in the event list and in real time. You cannot change the order of the events.
- To show the event list, from the top of the Monitoring task window, drag the four gray dots downwards.
To choose what event information to display in the event list, right-click a
column heading, and then click Select columns to choose the information
you want to display in the list.
In KiwiVision™ video analytics, you might want to view the video analytics Snapshot of the intrusion event in your event list.
- To clear the event list, click Clear event list () in the upper-right corner of the Monitoring task.
- To monitor events in the canvas, choose a mode. Choose either Tile mode or Map mode.
From the area view, select the entities you want to view by dragging them into
the canvas. You can select multiple entities and drag them into the canvas at
the same time.
(Optional) To protect the content in the tile from being overwritten by new
events, turn off monitoring for that tile as follows:
Tip: This is helpful if you have a tile plugin displayed in the canvas, and do not want it to be replaced by an event.
The checkmark beside Monitor events disappears and the tile ID background turns black.
- Select a tile in the canvas.
- In the tile widget, click Monitoring (), and click Monitor events.