Before you can monitor KiwiVision™ video analytics events in the Monitoring task, you must select the entities that trigger those events.
Before you begin
What you should know
To monitor events, it is important to select which entities you want to monitor because some event types can be generated by multiple entities. For example, an Access granted event can be generated by a cardholder, visitor, or credential. If you only monitor cardholders, you will not receive all Access granted events.
- From the Security Desk home page, click .
- (Optional) To give the tab a unique name, right-click the tab, click Rename task; in the Task name box, type a name, and then click Rename.
In the area view, select the entities you want to monitor (specific cameras
with video analytics configured).
To select multiple entities, hold CTRL or SHIFT, and then select the entities.
Drag the selected entities over the Monitoring () icon at the bottom of the
The entities you selected are added to the Event monitoring list.NOTE: By default, all tiles are armed to monitor events. You can arm and disarm all tiles at any time by clicking . When a tile is armed to monitor events, the tile ID background is blue.
(Optional) To add more entities from the Event monitoring
dialog box, do the following:
- Click Monitoring (), and then under Event monitoring click Add ().
- Select the entity type you want to monitor (cameras with video analytics configured).
- Select the entities you want to monitor (specific cameras).
- Click Add.
(Optional) In the Tile column of the Event
monitoring list, select a tile to display the entity.
You can associate more than one entity to the same tile. By default, events are displayed in any tile (All).You can set Tile 1 to display events happening at the Main Entrance door.
(Optional) Right-click the Event list title bar to select columns to add to the
- Click Select columns ().
- Select Snapshot and click add ().
- Click OK.