System requirements are the recommended hardware and software components that are required for your product and system to run optimally.
The KiwiVision™ video analytics 4.0 module must be installed on a server that meets the recommended server specifications as described in the Security Center system requirements.
Best Practice: For optimum performance, ensure that the analyzer runs on a high performance server. For more information, see KiwiVision™ Video Analytics and Camera Requirements.
Intrusion detectors can be used with regular or thermal cameras, depending on the requirements of the situation.
- For objects or people to be detected, their minimum size in the image must be at least 20 x 20 pixels.
- The minimum resolution required is VGA and video data must contain at least 12 frames per second.
The optimum distance between a camera and object or person depends on the camera and lens. The reference values listed below can be used as a guideline:
|Minimum object size||20 x 20 pixels|
|Minimum resolution||640 x 480 pixels|
|Minimum frame rate||12 fps|
|Optimum distance (dependent on the camera and lens)||
|Maximum distance (depending on the scene, camera, and lens)||
Best Practice: The following points are not mandatory and will help to reduce false alerts.
The KiwiVision™ Intrusion Detector will filter out camera movement as much as possible. However, less camera movement will allow more sensitive configurations.
- Mount the camera at a height of 5m with an angle of 40°.
- Ensure that the camera is mounted so that the objects to be detected are at 90° to the camera field of view.
- Ensure that the camera is securely fixed to eliminate shaking.
- Ensure that there are no constantly moving objects in the area of interest. For example, trees, bushes, flags and so on.
- Ensure that IR illumination (if used) is not mounted directly below the camera.
Tip: Mount at 0.5m distance from the camera to avoid attracting insects which can generate false movement detections.
IMPORTANT: You must have a KiwiVision™ video analytics license that supports the number of intrusion detector instances that you want to run at the same time.