A video analytics scenario is an analytics configuration that is applied to video streams and that defines what information in the video is analyzed.
If none of the predefined scenario types meet your needs, you can start from one of the custom scenarios, which have all the predefined scenario settings and more.
Predefined intrusion detection scenarios
- Area protection
- Designed to detect when people enter one or more restricted areas.
- Perimeter protection
- Designed to detect when people cross a defined perimeter, such as a fenced area. False events are triggered less frequently with the perimeter protection scenario than with the area protection scenario because the motion that triggers the detection is more limited.
- Direction control
- Designed to detect when a person or vehicle moves in a specified direction.
Predefined object detection scenarios
- Object detection
- Designed to detect objects that are left in or removed from a scene. This scenario is optimized for indoor environments.
- Stopped vehicle detection
- Designed to detect vehicles that are stopped in a restricted area. This scenario is optimized for outdoor environments.
Custom scenariosIf you start configuring a predefined analytics scenario, and then decide it does not fit your needs, you can convert the scenario to its corresponding custom version to make all settings available for configuration.
- Custom Intrusion Detector
- Provides the most configuration options for intrusion detection analytics.
- Custom Object Detector
- Provides the most configuration options for object detection analytics.