In the general settings of the scenario, you can configure how areas are displayed in the Security Desk Monitoring task, rename the scenario, change the units of measurement, and so on.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- From the area view, select a camera that you applied an analytics scenario to.
- Click the Video analytics tab, and then click the scenario you want to configure.
- Click the General tab.
In the General section, configure the following
- The name of the analytics scenario. By default, the scenario type is
used as the name.Tip: Give the scenario a meaningful name so that it can be easily identified. The type of scenario can be distinguished by the different icons.
- Specifies the unit of measurement. Select either Imperial or
Metric units of measurement.
- Specifies the Imperial unit type. For example, 3 ft.
- Specifies the metric unit type. For example, 1 m.
When switching between imperial and metric units, the conversion is rounded to two decimal places. For example, 0.2 m is shown as 0.66 ft.NOTE: The region that is set on the machine is read to determine the default setting. The Units setting is saved on the machine and applies to all video analytics on this machine.
In the Analysis section, enter or select the following as
- Alert cooldown
- The period that must elapse after an alert is triggered, before another alert can be triggered from the same scenario.
(Optional) In the Overlays in Security Desk section,
enable or disable the following overlays:
- Displays a yellow box around detected movement or change in a block.
- Temporarily displays an orange outline of an area when an alert is triggered from that area, and displays the detection that triggered the alert in a red rectangular outline.
- Permanently displays the outlines of areas.
- Area names
- Displays area names.
- (Perimeter protection and Custom Intrusion Detector scenarios only) Source regions of areas are outlined in green, and alarm regions are outlined in red.
- Click Apply.