To manage cardholder access to Security Center entities based on the status of a Morse Watchmans asset, you must create access control rules in Security Center.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task and click the Access rules view.
- Click Add an entity () and select Morse Watchmans access rule.
- In the Add Morse Watchmans access rule dialog box, enter a name for the rule, and then click Add and close.
- In the entity browser, click Click here to refresh to show the new rule.
- Select the rule that you created and click the Identity tab.
In the Relationships section, do the following:
- Select Doors, elevators and areas.
- Click Insert an item ().
- Choose the entity that the rule applies to and click Select.
- Click Apply.
Click the Automatic assignment tab, and use the slider
to select whether the access rule applies to All assets
or Assets from the list.
NOTE: If you select Assets from the list, click , select the assets that the access rule applies to, and then click Apply.
- Click the Properties tab, and select the schedule that applies to the rule.
Choose how the rule is applied to cardholders when the schedule is
- Grant access to cardholders
- Cardholders who possess assets listed in the Automatic assignment tab are granted access to doors, elevators, and areas.
- Deny access to cardholders
- Cardholders in possession of assets listed in the Automatic assignment tab are denied access to doors, elevators, and areas.
NOTE: The Cardholders affected by this rule section is automatically populated with the names of cardholders who are in possession of an asset. The add, delete and edit buttons serve no function.