You must connect the OnGuard plugin role with the OnGuard server to receive events and alarms in Security Desk.
Before you begin
- Create the OnGuard plugin role.
- Unblock all WMI ports.
- Ensure that all steps from Preparing to install the OnGuard plugin have been performed.
- Ensure the VBDemo test in "Testing the connection to the OnGuard System" has been performed on the role server and has passed with no errors. These instructions are located in the Preparing to install the OnGuard plugin section.
- From the home page in Config Tool, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the OnGuard plugin from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
- Under Connection in the server field, enter the hostname or IP address of the OnGuard server.
Enter the Username and Password
for the OnGuard server.
IMPORTANT: The user must have the proper user permissions to use DataConduIT. For more information, please see your Lenel OnGuard documentation.
- Beside Timeout, enter the time (in seconds) that the plugin will wait before testing the connection with the OnGuard server. By default the plugin waits ten seconds.
- Beside Retry interval, enter the time (in seconds) that the plugin will wait before trying to reconnect with the OnGuard server after a connection error. By default, the plugin will retry to reconnect after five seconds.
- Beside Test interval, enter the time (in seconds )the plugin will wait before testing the connection with the OnGuard server. By default, the connection is tested every sixty seconds.
- Click Apply.
Configure your synchronization settings.