Before you install the OnGuard plugin, you must perform some pre-installation steps.
What you should know
- Read the release notes.
Make sure that you have the Security Center license for the OnGuard plugin.
Your license information is included in the license update email that we sent you. This email includes links to the download package and other license information.
Install a compatible version of
Security Center on the server.
See Installing Security Center for more information.
(Optional) Set up an Active Directory domain on your network.
For more information about Active Directory, see Microsoft TechNet.
To ensure that the plugin can connect to the DataConduIT service on the
Make sure you have the DataConduIT license for your OnGuard server.
For more information, see your Lenel OnGuard documentation.
Make sure that the OnGuard server has the following services installed
- LS Communication Server
- LS DataConduIT Service
- LS Linkage Server
Make sure that the Generate software events
setting is selected in the DataConduIT service section of the OnGuard
System Administration’s System Options.
IMPORTANT: If this setting is not configured, cardholder updates will not work correctly.
Make sure that the Linkage Server Host setting
is properly configured in the OnGuard System Administration’s System
IMPORTANT: If this setting is not configured properly, alarms and events will not work correctly.
- Grant Security Center user access to the WMI interface.
- Connect the Active Directory used by the Security Center server to the OnGuard server.
- Associate the Active Directory used by the Security Center server to the OnGuard system user account.
- Testing the connection to the OnGuard system
- Make sure you have the DataConduIT license for your OnGuard server.
Install the OnGuard plugin.