If you have version 3.3 or earlier of the OnGuard plugin, and you want to upgrade to the version 4.0, follow this procedure.
Learn about the differences between versions, see Comparison of OnGuard plugin 3.x to 4.0.
Before you begin
Because the architecture of the 4.0 version is different from the 3.x versions, it is not possible to upgrade an existing OnGuard plugin role. Instead, you must install the OnGuard plugin 4.0 and configure a new role. Once that is working as expected, you remove the 3.x plugin role and plugin software.
What you should know
Update your OnGuard servers and clients.
- Update your OnGuard system software to a version that is compatible with the plugin
Backup your Security Center databases
and rename/deactivate the OnGuard 3.x role.
IMPORTANT:Security Center no longer receives alarms from the OnGuard system or hardware.
- On the Security Center server that hosts the plugin, back up the OnGuard 3.x plugin database.
- Back up the Security Center Directory database.
- Rename the plugin role to clearly identify it as the older version. For example: OnGuard 3.3 or OnGuardDeleteMe.
- Deactivate the OnGuard 3.x plugin role: from the Plugins task, right-click the OnGuard role, click .
- Install the new plugin software on the Security Center plugin role server.
Uninstall the OnGuard 3.x plugin from
the plugin server and all client workstations.
- Delete the OnGuard 3.x plugin role.
Install the OnGuard plugin 4.0
on all client workstations.
NOTE: When removing or installing the plugin on Genetec™ Server machines, the Genetec™ Server service must be stopped. Otherwise, a reboot will be required to complete the installation or removal process on all servers running the service.
Install the new OnGuard 4.0 plugin on all servers and workstations.
- Install the OnGuard plugin 4.0 on all client workstations.
- Close and open Security Desk and Config Tool on the workstation so that the OnGuard user interface is visible.