Linking Security Center cameras to entities makes it possible to view video feeds in the Monitoring task when an access control event occurs at an entity.
You can assign cameras to OnGuard entities in the Area view task.
- To assign a camera to a door, select a door and then associate a camera to it on
the Hardware page.
- For more information, see Linking cameras to doors. You can access this information by pressing F1 in Config Tool.
- To assign cameras to elevators, floors, areas, and intrusion detection areas,
select an entity and access its configuration page.
- For more information, see Common configuration tabs. You can access this information by pressing F1 in Config Tool.
- You can also link cameras to OnGuard inputs. The process
is different for inputs than for native Security Center entities, like doors and
- For instructions, see Linking Security Center cameras to OnGuard inputs.