You can do a partial upgrade of the OnGuard plugin from version 4.0 directly to version 5.0.
Before you begin
- Backup the Directory and plugin databases.IMPORTANT: The information in the plugin database will be lost during the upgrade. Following the upgrade, you can recover up to 365 days worth of data by manually synchronizing the logged events from the OnGuard system. It is recommended that you recover the same amount of data that you typically retain, as retrieving this information can be a lengthy process that can drive up CPU utilization significantly and adversely impact your system. In addition, during this process, you may not receive feedback in regards to the percentage of data recovered, time, etc.
Data (stored as journal logs) that is older than 365 days will remain the backup, however you will be unable to access the data using the reporting tools in Security Center.
- Add the LenelS2 OnGuard API license to the OnGuard server
license.NOTE: If the license is not added, the OnGuard plugin 5.0 will be unable to connect to the OpenAccess API. The OnGuard plugin 5.0 does not communicate using the DataConduIT API used by the OnGuard plugin 4.0. To verify the license part required, see the license requirements.
- On your database server, create the database that will be used by the plugin role.IMPORTANT: To avoid overwriting your backup database, use a name that is different from the name of the database in your previous version of the plugin.
- Read the release notes to learn about important information for this release.
- Confirm that your versions of Security Center, the OnGuard, and the plugin are compatible.
What you should know
- If you are upgrading from a version earlier than 4.0, you must upgrade to 4.0 before upgrading to 5.0.
- The Directory database contains all your entities. The upgrade keeps all existing entities, including events-to-action and map positioning.
- The upgrade does not retain the configuration of the plugin.
- The plugin must be upgraded on all Security Center client and server computers.
- A stepped migration is required for versions earlier than 4.0. If you currently have version 3.1 of the plugin installed, you must upgrade to version 4.0 before upgrading to version 5.0.
- The upgrade keeps all existing entities, including events-to-action and map positioning.
- The plugin role configuration cannot be migrated and will be lost during the upgrade. After installation, you must reconfigure your plugin settings.
- The plugin package must be upgraded on all Security Center client and server computers.
- The Directory database contains all your entities.
- Deactivate the plugin role.
- Install the latest version of the plugin.
In the Resources tab of the plugin, do the following:
- From the Database server list, select the server that you created the new plugin role database on.
- From the Database list, select the database that you created for the plugin role.
- Click Apply.
Activate the plugin role.
The plugin is ready for use.