The Properties tab is where you select which third-party provider to connect to, and configure the connection settings required to dynamically update Security Center andGenetec Patroller™.
- In the Config Tool Home page, select Plugins, and then click on Pay-by-Plate Sync.
Select the Properties page.
- Enter the Genetec Patroller™ communication port (the default port is 8787). This is the port through which Security Center will connect to Genetec Patroller™. This must match the port entered in Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool for the setting Security Center communication port.
Under Parking providers, click
The current list of available parking providers appears.
Select a parking provider from the list, and then click
Apply to add the provider to the list.
NOTE: The maximum number of parking providers is defined by your license.NOTE: You can add the same parking provider several times to manage different customer accounts with the same vendor.
Click the Edit button () next to the provider you
The Edit parking provider settings window appears.
- (Optional) Rename the parking provider according to your naming convention.
- (Optional) If you want to offset in Security Center the expiration time of the plates reported by the parking provider, enter a grace period.
Enter the parking provider’s configuration settings, and then click
These settings are different for each parking provider. For more information, see Pay-by-Plate Sync parking provider reference.
In the Perform incremental permit updates every field, enter how often Security
Center should update permits with only data that has changed since the last update.
Incremental permit updates take less time than full permit updates, but they are not as complete. For example, if a provider deletes a plate from their system, Pay-by-Plate Sync does not detect that as a “change” during an incremental update, and will not delete it from the local list in the database.Tip: Take the size of the enforcement area and the parking permit type into consideration when determining how often to perform incremental updates. For example, if you mainly have large enforcement areas where employees are parked for the duration of the day, set a high value. If the number of vehicles in your enforcement area changes frequently throughout the day, set a lower value.NOTE:
- If a parking provider does not support incremental updates a full update is performed instead.
- If you only want Security Center to download permit updates when you select a permit to enforce in Patroller, you can set this value to 0. However, Genetec Patroller™ will not be updated with changes for currently-selected permits.
- This setting is different from the Periodic transfer setting in Genetec Patroller™. Periodic transfer should always be set to one minute because it determines how often Genetec Patroller™ downloads permit changes from Security Center.
- A new incremental update only occurs after the previous update is complete. For example, if you schedule incremental updates to occur every five minutes but it takes longer than five minutes for an update to complete, the next update only begins after the previous update is complete.
In the field Perform a full update of all permits every,
enter how often Security
its database of provider permits, and re-downloads all the provider’s permit
This update is more complete than an incremental update, but it takes longer. The local copy of permit data is cleared from the database and replaced with the data currently in the providers’ system. You should do this type of update during off hours so it does not interfere with the Patroller’s day-to-day tasks.Click Update now if you want to manually update permit data. You should always update permit data after you add a parking provider.NOTE: After clicking Update now, the button will be grayed out for a maximum of one minute. If the update takes longer than one minute, clicking Update now will restart the update. If you are not sure if the update is complete, verify the permit source text files before clicking Update now again.
In the field Check connection to parking providers
every, enter how often Security
Center pings the connection to the
parking providers for a reply. If there is a connection issue, the plugin will
turn yellow, and you can click Diagnose for more
NOTE: This feature might not be supported by all parking providers.
- In the field Payment provider permit synchronization timeout, enter the maximum allowable time for the system to perform Live Infraction Validation or an initial permit synchronization from the Patroller to the plugin including the necessary calls to 3rd party providers before a timeout error occurs.
- Click Apply.