Parking provider permit data is saved to Security Center permit entities. You can use one permit entity to store all permit data, or use a separate permit entity for each parking provider. You must configure the properties (attributes, delimiters, and so on) of the permit entity so that the data can be parsed by Security Center and sent to Genetec Patroller™.
You can also merge regular Security Center static permits with the Pay-by-Plate Sync’s dynamic permits. This allows you to enforce both permit types by selecting only one permit in Genetec Patroller™. To merge static and dynamic permits, the delimiters do not need to match, however, the permits must have the same number of attributes (not necessarily in the same order).
What you should know
NOTE: This procedure describes only the information required to use permits as containers for parking providers’ permit data. For more information on how to configure permits in Security Center, see Creating permits.
Configure the permit’s properties as follows:
- The permit’s source file must be located on a drive that is
accessible by the LPR Manager and by the Pay-by-Plate
Sync plugin role.NOTE: If your system is configured for failover, make sure that permit source files are located on a drive that is accessible by all potential failover servers, and that those servers have both read and write permissions to the drive.
- Use delimiters
- Turn this ON, and use any type of delimiter supported by Security Center.
- You must have the attributes Category, PlateState, PlateNumber,
and PermitID (in any order) for both dynamic permits and
static permits. You can also keep the EffectiveDate and
ExpiryDate attributes. If the plugin finds this data in
the permit, it will be supported.If you are using the EffectiveDate and ExpiryDate attributes, note the following:
- These two attributes must always be used together.
- Ensure that the provider you are using supports these fields.
- We recommend that you use a date time formatter that
specifies Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time format
such as: yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ssZ. Note that
the Z at the end of the formatter indicates that
the time is in UTC and will therefore be correctly
transformed to local time by Patroller.
- In the Advanced tab, turn on Enable transfer on modification.
- Click Apply.
Configure which permits are available to be selected in Genetec
- Go to LPR > Roles and units.
- Select the LPR Manager you want to configure.
- Go to Properties > File association.
- If you are merging static permits with Pay-by-Plate Sync dynamic permits, you can clear those static permits from the list. They don’t need to be displayed separately in Genetec Patroller™.
If you are using permits with permit restrictions applied to them
(University Parking Enforcement), select those permits to make sure they
are downloaded in Genetec
For more information on how permit restrictions work, see Creating permit restrictions.
NOTE: Live Infraction Validation does not take any active permit restrictions into consideration. Instead, it only verifies if a valid license plate is found on a permit list. Any time-based validity properties applied to the permit via a permit restriction are ignored.
- Click Apply.
The Security Center permits are configured to receive permit data from the parking provider.