You can upgrade your current version of Pay-by-Plate Sync to the latest version after you have completed the pre-installation steps.
Before you begin
- Write down your current Pay-by-Plate Sync configuration settings for Security Center Config Tool, and for Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool. The upgrade should preserve your settings, but this is a best practice whenever you perform an upgrade.
- Write down the name of your current server, and the name of your current Pay-by-Plate Sync database, which you can find in the Resources tab of the Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin role in Security Center Config Tool. You will be asked for this information during the upgrade.
- Close all Genetec applications.
- Upgrade Security Center to version 5.5 or higher (5.7 SR1 recommended).
- Upgrade Genetec Patroller™ to version 6.2 or higher (6.4 recommended).
What you should know
IMPORTANT: The Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin version 4.4 is an upgrade intended for servers only. Starting with Genetec Patroller™ 6.1, Pay-by-Plate Sync is integrated into the Genetec Patroller™ software. You no longer need to install the Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin on your Genetec Patroller™ in-vehicle computer.
- Download the Pay-by-Plate Sync setup from the GTAP Product Downloads page.
Double-click the setup.exe file, and follow the
The setup wizard opens, and you will see a confirmation message that you already have a previous version of the plugin on your system.
- Click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
The installation program will ask you for information on your database
- Select your SQL database server name.
- If only users with administrator rights on the machine will be using Pay-by-Plate Sync, select Windows authentication.
- If users without administrator rights on the machine will be using Pay-by-Plate Sync, select Server authentication. This allows someone without admin rights to access the plugin database.
- Select your database catalog name. This is the name of the plugin database as seen in the Resources tab of the plugin role in Security Center Config Tool.
- Click Next.
- When setup is complete, click Finish to close the wizard.
- After the upgrade is complete, the Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin may turn yellow to indicate that a database update is required. Go to the Resources tab of the plugin role in Security Center Config Tool to update the database.
After the Pay-by-Plate
Sync plugin turns
white to indicate it is active, go to the Properties tab
and click Update now to perform a full permit
This will verify the contents of your database, and will report any problems with the parking providers immediately.