Parking provider permit data is saved to Security Center permit entities. You can use one permit entity to store all permit data, or use a separate permit entity for each parking provider. You must configure the properties (attributes, delimiters, and so on) of the permit entity so that the data can be parsed by Security Center and sent to Genetec Patroller™.
Before you begin
What you should know
Configure the permit’s properties as follows:
- The permit’s source file must be located on a drive that is
accessible by the ALPR Manager and by the Pay-by-Plate
Sync plugin role.NOTE: If your system is configured for failover, make sure that permit source files are located on a drive that is accessible by all potential failover servers, and that those servers have both read and write permissions to the drive.
- Use delimiters
- Turn this ON, and use any type of delimiter supported by Security Center.
- You must have the attributes Category, PlateState, PlateNumber,
and PermitID (in any order) for both dynamic permits and
static permits. You can also keep the EffectiveDate and
ExpiryDate attributes. If the plugin finds this data in
the permit, it will be supported.If you are using the EffectiveDate and ExpiryDate attributes, note the following:
If you want to set up additional attributes, refer Configuring an additional attribute in Security Center permits for Pay-by-Plate Sync.NOTE: This feature currently supports additional attributes received only from the Generic REST Service API.
- These two attributes must always be used together.
- Ensure that the provider you are using supports these fields.
- We recommend that you use a date time formatter that
specifies Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time format
such as: yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ssZ. Note that
the Z at the end of the formatter indicates that
the time is in UTC and will therefore be correctly
transformed to local time by Patroller.
- In the Advanced tab, turn on Enable transfer on modification.
- Click Apply.
Configure which permits are available to be selected in Genetec
- Go to ALPR > Roles and units.
- Select the ALPR Manager you want to configure.
- Go to Properties > File association.
- If you are merging static permits with Pay-by-Plate Sync dynamic permits, you can clear those static permits from the list. They don’t need to be displayed separately in Genetec Patroller™.
If you are using permits with permit restrictions applied to them,
select those permits to make sure they are downloaded in Genetec
For more information on how permit restrictions work,
see Creating permit restrictions.
NOTE: Live Infraction Validation does not take any active permit restrictions into consideration. Instead, it only verifies if a valid license plate is found on a permit list. Any time-based validity properties applied to the permit via a permit restriction are ignored.
- Click Apply.