Before you configure the Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin, you must perform some pre-configuration steps.
- Install the Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin on the Security Center computers.
- Configure Security Center and Genetec Patroller™ for a mobile deployment. This includes setting up the ALPR Manager root folder, and configuring Genetec Patroller™ for a wireless connection to Security Center (refer to the Patroller Administrator Guide).
- Ensure that the Genetec Patroller™ vehicle is equipped for wireless connectivity. This may require installing additional hardware that uses cellular data.
- Have the information for connecting to the third-party provider available. Although the information is different for each provider, you will typically need IP addresses, port numbers, usernames, and passwords.
- Have a list of the IP addresses and port numbers needed for Security Center, Genetec Patroller™, and the third-party parking provider to communicate with each other. For more information, see Preparing to install the Pay-by-Plate plugin.