Before you install the Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin, you must perform some pre-installation steps.
- Make sure you have a constant cellular data connection, or a WiFi connection from the Genetec Patroller™ in-vehicle computer to the Security Center server. If the system cannot connect to the server, it will default to the last loaded permit list in Genetec Patroller™, and Live Infraction Validation will not be available.
- Read the release notes for any known issues, limitations, and other important information about this release.
- Install Security Center 5.8 GA or later on any machines that you’ll use to configure permits and the Pay-by-Plate Sync plugin.
Ensure that your Security Center
license has the valid certificate for the Pay-by-Plate
Sync plugin. The certificate is one of
- Mobile Pay-by-Plate
- Mobile Pay-by-Plate - Multiple Providers
The license number is included in the product-release email from the Genetec Inc. product manager. This email also includes links to the plugin download package and other license information.
- Install Genetec Patroller™ 6.3 or later on the in-vehicle computer.