Use the Abnormal Events - Access Control incident type to manage events generated by abnormalities in access control hardware or accessories with minimal operator intervention.
Abnormal Events - Access Control incident type: functionality
- At least one valid email address for notification emails.
- For Genetec Mission
Control™ versions 18.104.22.168, a
macro to initiate a reboot of the unit.
As of Genetec Mission Control™ 22.214.171.124, Reboot unit is available as an automation workflow activity for incident type configuration.
For more information on the how the operator can monitor and manage the incident, see the Genetec Mission Control™ User Guide.
Abnormal Events - Access Control incident type configuration
This incident type is preconfigured with the following:
Abnormal Events - Access Control incident type: triggers
- AC fail
- Battery fail
- Interface module battery fail state active
- Door maintenance started
- Door offline: Device is offline
- Hardware tamper
- Unit synchronization failed health event: connection to unit stopped unexpectedly
Based on your setup, you can add, remove or modify triggers as required. For more details, see Modifying incident triggers.
Abnormal Events - Access Control incident type: automation workflow
After the incident is triggered, the system waits to see if the error resolves itself within 2 minutes. If it does, the system automatically closes the incident without any manual intervention.
- Latest activity log
- Last event
- Incident trigger time
- Incident owner
- Incident sources
- Incident location
For more details, see Modifying incident automation workflow activities.
Abnormal Events - Access Control incident type: user procedure
The incident is configured with a dynamic procedure, that accepts operator response and directs system action accordingly.
- Verification of event cause: Maintenance, known issue or unknown issue.
- Directives for the operator:
- If the event cause is a maintenance, known hardware or network issue, put the incident on hold and revisit the issue for resolution.
- If the event cause unknown, reboot the unit.
- If the unit does not come back online, create a service request.
For more details, see Modifying incident user procedures.